If you watch the news fairly regularly, you’ll notice that they constantly throw out data about obesity. “New research shows that Americans are fat… Chocolate may actually be good for you…New Jersey man loses 20 pounds following the Cheetos diet.”
I think it’s safe to say that most of us have become a bit jaded about the prevalence of obesity in America and all the “new and exciting research” that rolls out (no pun intended.) Recently I stumbled across a website which listed the medical conditions associated with being overweight along with showing descriptive pictures.
The list is extensive. I even double checked a couple of these because I didn’t believe it, but I was able to verify it with multiple sources.
- Congestive Heart Failure (Okay, I’ve heard that one before.)
- Chronic Renal Failure (That just sounds bad.)
- Urinary Incontinence (Hmm…)
- Stillbirth (I had no idea….)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Seriously???)
Here’s the full list: